*A child is anyone under 16.
**Postage was available during the earlybird period only.
What does the entry fee pay for?
In return for your entry fee into the City2Surf, you will receive:
- A chest bib and timing tag (attached to the back of the bib)
- A finisher’s medal
- Public transport to and from the event, on event day
- Baggage transport from start to finish line
- Gatorade and water during and immediately after the race
- The Sun-Herald newspaper (on race day, whilst stocks last)
- Entertainment along the course and at the finish line
- Downloadable certificate
An event as large as the City2Surf (covering a distance of 14km and attracting more than 80,000 people), is very expensive to organise and execute each year. Without the support of its partners and over 3,000 volunteers it would not be possible to run such a large community event.
Representatives from various community organisations all over Sydney such as Rotary and Lions Clubs, Scouts and Girl Guides, various sporting groups, volunteer bush fire brigades, State Emergency Services, St John Ambulance and school groups help out on the day. Each of these organisations receives a per volunteer donation in appreciation for their assistance.